Monday, August 29, 2011

Tuesday Devotional: Richard G. Hinckley 2-2-10

Sister Hinckley

  • Keeps names of the people we work with in a journal
Elder Hinckley
  • Be careful
  • Missionary work is sometimes like the movie Groundhog Day (same thing every day) - here are some things to avoid that feeling
    • Appreciate the Mission President and His sacrifice, follow his counsel
    • Work with Ward Members
  • 6 Points to avoiding Groundhog Day
    1. Understand what my purpose is.  Read 2 Nephi 31, 3 Nephi 27
    2. Be Obedient - protect my companion at any cost of my own popularity, stay with basic teaching tools: scriptures, Preach My Gospel, Testimony, personal touch
    3. Be Clean - personal worthiness dictates how the spirit can guide us.
    4. Work Hard- work hard, always work on working hard - greatness of a missionary is shown in his planner
    5. Learn to love the people - they are strange, but we are more so
    6. Exercise Faith - It will always be a work of faith, pray for myself, investigators, and members.  Say at the end of my mission: "I am glad I did it," not "I wish I had"

No comments:

Post a Comment